What is a plunge cut track saw and guide rail system? This Festool TS 55 REQ high-quality plunge cut track saw and guide rail combine for a system that generates precision cuts anywhere on a panel quickly and safe, cuts that should never be attempted with a traditional circular saw.
The smooth pivoting action, and minimal blade exposure during the cut is ideal for starting a cut in the middle of a panel. This design allows the blade to pivot into the material smoothly and accurately. Precision cuts starting from any point are easily accomplished. The track saw can be used for many common tasks: Ripping sheet goods, creating straight edges on rough stock, jointing boards, cutting to scribe lines on doors and cabinets, cross-cutting, and creating openings in panels, sections of flooring, and cabinets.
Now available at your local Woodcraft store or on-line, the TS REQ is accurate and versatile. It is not your typical circular saw when compared to the most advanced table saws, miter saws or panel saws available. Add in its incredible portability and ease of use, you have a precision-cutting solution like no other, at home in the highest-end cabinet shop as well as an onsite remodel. With the addition of micro-adjustable depth controls and a flat housing for flush-cutting against walls or adjacent surfaces, the TS 55 REQ is Festool’s most advanced plunge cut saw ever. Take the tool to the work and replace large stationary equipment with an incredibly precise, handheld unit. You’ll save your back, while getting more out of your expensive materials.
Electronic variable-speed control automatically maintains a constant blade speed under load, and the soft start and automatic idle cut down on operator fatigue and noise. Surprisingly, the Festool TS 55 REQ uses a 6-1/4″-diameter blade, but still provides a 1-15/16″ cut at 90° and a 1-7/16″ cut at 45°. Festool TS 55 REQ includes a T-LOC Systainer SYS 4 storage box, 48-tooth carbide tipped blade, 55″ guide rail, limit stop, and chip deflector.
Features & Benefits:
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts that reduce waste.
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) retracts automatically, keeping the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade, reducing the chance of kickback.
- The slip clutch helps to minimize the risk of a kickback and minimizes wear on the blade, gear case, and motor.
- Blade changes are easier and safer using the FastFix system which locks the switch and arbor simultaneously for easy arbor bolt removal.
- Rotating dust port keeps hose out of the way
- 3-bearing motor for smoother operation
Here’s a demonstration of the all-new Festool TS 55 REQ including the quick and easy blade change,
To purchase the TS 55 for $585, and find out more information including an additional video, click on this link, Festool TS 55 at Woodcraft.
Now go make some serious sawdust,